Bovard Scholars are high-achieving, resilient and place a high value on education. They show leadership and are ready to take ownership of their academic path to success.
- Junior in high school (11th grader) at time of application
- Currently hold a 4.0 GPA or above
- Enrolled in Algebra II, Trigonometry or above
- Demonstrate financial need
- Have taken advanced placement/international baccalaureate courses, if offered
We offer the program at no cost to students or families. USC will pay for transportation to and from campus for students coming from outside of Southern California.
We are no longer accepting applications for the 2017 Bovard Scholars program. Look for 2018 Bovard Scholars application to open fall 2017. Stay up to date with our program by registering on our website.
How to Apply for the 2018 Program
We hope you are as excited about the USC Bovard Scholars program as we are to offer it.
To be considered for the program:
- Register here to receive a user name and password.
- Complete and submit the online application once it opens in fall 2017.
- Attach a copy of your high school transcript through the online application. (Official transcripts will be requested for admitted students.)
- Request two letters of recommendation.
- Select two people (e.g., a teacher, counselor, or mentor) who can comment on your academic achievement, level of maturity and personal integrity.
- Have your letter writers send the completed letter of recommendation form (found in the application portal) to the USC Bovard Scholars program office. It may be emailed from the recommender’s email address to <email@example.com> or mailed to the address below.
Recommendation documents can be mailed to:
USC Bovard Scholars
649 W. 34th St., Suite 108
Los Angeles, CA 90089-1627
All communication from the USC Bovard Scholars program — including application status, acceptance notification and program updates — will be sent to you via email. When registering for the online application, please be sure to use an email address that you check frequently.
Our review process is holistic, which means that all parts of an application will be considered before making a decision. All questions on the application are important; the answer to an individual question will not automatically include or exclude a student from consideration. The application will be reviewed in its entirety.
The information provided in an application will be kept confidential and will not be shared with anyone outside of the Bovard Scholars program.
Applications will be reviewed by the selection committee. Decision notifications will be emailed to all applicants by early April 2017.
Thank you for your interest in the USC Bovard Scholars program!
2017 Program – Important Dates
February 17, 2017 – application deadline (now closed)
March / April – USC Bovard Scholars selected
July 16-August 5 – three-week residential summer program on USC campus
Fall 2017 – Work with your admissions coach as you complete your college, financial aid and scholarship applications
Spring 2018 – Coaches are available to you as needed to help with the decision-making process
The online orientation should take approximately two hours, while the online practice ACT or SAT should take three to four hours to complete. The summer program requires three weeks of full-time residency on the USC campus.
During your senior year you will work with your admissions coach to receive support and feedback as questions arise, throughout the application and decision-making process.