2019 Bovard Scholars application is now closed.
Please check back soon for information regarding the application for 2020.
Bovard Scholars are high-achieving, resilient and place a high value on education. They show leadership and are ready to take ownership of their academic path to success.
- Junior in high school (11th grader) at time of application
- Currently hold a 4.0 GPA or above
- Enrolled in Algebra II, Trigonometry or above
- Demonstrate financial need
- Have taken advanced placement/international baccalaureate courses, if offered
We offer the program at no cost to students or families. USC will pay for transportation to and from campus for students coming from outside of Southern California.
2019 Bovard Scholars application deadline is February 15, 2019, 5:00pm PST.
How to Apply for the 2019 Program
We hope you are as excited about the USC Bovard Scholars program as we are to offer it!
To be considered for the program:
- Complete and submit the online application.
- Attach an unofficial copy of your high school transcript through the online application. (Official transcripts will be requested for admitted students.)
- Request that your counselor complete the Counselor Evaluation Form
- The Counselor Evaluation Form should be completed by your high school guidance counselor, who will be asked to comment on your academic achievement. Additionally, your counselor can also choose to attach an optional letter of recommendation. Once you complete the portal registration, you will be able to send an electronic request to your counselor to complete the form. Please note, all required documents are to be submitted before the application deadline.
All communication from the USC Bovard Scholars program — including application status, acceptance notification and program updates — will be sent to you via email. When registering for the online application, please be sure to use an email address that you check frequently.
Our review process is holistic, which means that all parts of an application will be considered before making a decision. All questions on the application are important; the answer to an individual question will not automatically include or exclude a student from consideration. The application will be reviewed in its entirety.
The information provided in an application will be kept confidential and will not be shared with anyone outside of the Bovard Scholars program.
Applications will be reviewed by the selection committee. Decision notifications will be emailed to all applicants by mid April 2019.
Thank you for your interest in the USC Bovard Scholars program!
2019 Program – Important Dates
February 15, 2019, 5:00pm PST – application deadline
April – USC Bovard Scholars selected
July 14-August 3 – three-week residential summer program on USC campus
Fall 2019 – Work with your admission coach as you complete your college, financial aid and scholarship applications
Spring 2020 – Coaches are available to you as needed to help with the decision-making process
The summer program requires three weeks of full-time residency on the USC campus.
During your senior year you will work with your admissions coach to receive support and feedback as questions arise, throughout the application and decision-making process.