Bovard Scholars are high-achieving, resilient and place a high value on education. They show leadership and are ready to take ownership of their academic path to success.APPLY NOW
Bovard Scholars are high-achieving, resilient and place a high value on education. They show leadership and are ready to take ownership of their academic path to success.
- Junior in high school (11th grader) at time of application
- Currently hold a 4.0 weighted GPA or above
- Enrolled in Algebra II, Trigonometry or above
- Demonstrate financial need
- Have taken Advanced Placement/International Baccalaureate courses, if offered
- Actively enrolled in a high school curriculum within the U.S. or U.S. territories
We offer the program at no cost to students or families. USC will pay for transportation to and from campus for students coming from outside of Southern California.
2021 Bovard Scholars application deadline is January 15, 2021 at 5pm PT.
How to Apply for the 2021 Program
We hope you are as excited about the USC Bovard Scholars program as we are to offer it!
To be considered for the program:
- Complete and submit the online application.
- Request that your counselor complete the Counselor Evaluation Form
- The Counselor Evaluation Form should be completed by your high school guidance counselor, who will be asked to comment on your academic achievement and attach a copy of your transcript. Additionally, your counselor can also choose to attach an optional letter of recommendation. Once you complete the portal registration, you will be able to send an electronic request to your counselor to complete the form. Please note, all required documents are to be submitted before the application deadline.
All communication from the USC Bovard Scholars program — including application status, acceptance notification and program updates — will be sent to you via email. When registering for the online application, please be sure to use an email address that you check frequently.
Our review process is holistic, which means that all parts of an application will be considered before making a decision. All questions on the application are important; the answer to an individual question will not automatically include or exclude a student from consideration. The application will be reviewed in its entirety.
The information provided in an application will be kept confidential and will not be shared with anyone outside of the Bovard Scholars program.
Applications will be reviewed by the selection committee. Decision notifications will be emailed to all applicants by mid-March 2021.
Thank you for your interest in the USC Bovard Scholars program!
2021 Program – Important Dates
January 15, 2021, 5pm PT – Application deadline
March – USC Bovard Scholars will be selected and notified
July 11 – 31, 2021 – Three-week residential summer program on USC’s campus
Fall 2021 – Work with your Bovard Scholars Admissions Coach as you complete your college, financial aid and scholarship applications
Spring 2022 – Our Admissions Coaches are available to you as needed to help with your college selection
The summer program requires three weeks of full-time residency on the USC campus — including weekends.
This is an intensive program. We do not recommend that you be enrolled in any online courses during this time. We want to make the most of our short, in-person time together. Please plan to be on campus full-time during the three-week summer program.
The program doesn’t end after three weeks. During your senior year you will work with your admissions coach to receive support and feedback as questions arise, throughout the application and decision-making process.